Sunday 4 July 2010

Pick Up Day 51 miles






Here it is then first day ownership, Unfortunately I am not going to get much time with the ST over this weekend.

It was my sisters graduation party in the afternoon and i have family staying with me. The weather has turned nasty this weekend so I don't feel to hard done by.

First thoughts; Nothing negative to report, Not because its a new bike and I am in new ownership la la land. No, just nothing negative, we have all climbed on a new bike and usually there is something.

Everything just clicks with this bike, I think Honda got it so right with the ST1100 and the 1300 is just a very good enhancement of what was a very good product.

Fit and Finish is fantastic, I love the way the panniers feel and when you open them it almost feels like Rolls Royce territory as they seem to glide open. I looked to see if there was some form of damping fitted but no, just perfectly made and so fine tuned.

I put the seat in the lowest position, I am just a fraction under 6 foot. The adjustable seat is a great idea, I have now put it in the middle position and this seems right.

The adjustable screen is fantastic, what a great feature on a bike, however slightly eerie when the screen goes right up and the silence hits you, I flipped my visor up and could not believe it. I think I will probably always use it within eye level but I can see that on longer journeys it will be a welcome break.

Also managed to get it on the center stand three times now, so not as daunting as I thought it would be.

I rode the bike solo, felt effortless, even pulling up to junctions, Obviously running in and scrubbing tyres in has limited me but what handling I experienced was spot on, seems very agile. Did a mixture of A and B roads, no issues to report, felt very at home and relaxed on it.

V4, its there in all its splendor, VFR750\800\1200, the pan has that same creamy smooth power and that deep satisfying growl, a perfect mechanical melody hard to explain has to be experienced.

So far so good. Booked it in for its 1st service for the 15th of July, I have ordered what I need to get my TomTom Rider fitted. So better get on with the miles then.

1 comment: