Monday 5 July 2010

72 Miles






Tonight we decided to nip out leaving our visitors to watch the TV, we only went out for an hour and we managed just over 30 miles.

Eileen's first time on the new bike. She loved it and felt right at home, just as in the original test drive.

We had a chance to try out the screen. I was curious if it made any difference for the passenger. The answer is yes, Eileen could tell as soon as I moved it. She said it made a huge difference.

The bike was effortless and painless, very easy to just pull up and get off for a few snaps.

Photos are not great, taken on my IPhone.

A short trip but enough to look forward to a bigger trip, we will have to do our Tyndrum run next.

So far so good. I do feel I need to get comfortable with what power it has, still not taking the revs above 5 grand but once i get the first 100 miles in I will start to wind her up a bit.

A very well balanced bike and we both agreed that it is a Rolls Royce of a machine. Refined, smooth and efficient.

1 comment:

  1. It shifts pretty well, even restricting yourself to 5k revs. But when you get a bit more used to it, use the full range - I guarantee you won't keep it at full throttle for very long :) It sounds glorious, and makes indecent progress for such a big old girl.

    ReplyDelete